We have questions. Do you have what it takes to find the answers?
Sprious is seeking a passionate, self-motivated, highly-flexible, and driven Data Analyst to turn data into information and information into insights. We are sitting on a mountain of untapped data and need your help to make sense of it! You will work directly with all members of the leadership team to understand and prioritize analytics needs, then develop the queries, statistical analyses, and end summary reports to drive decisions.
The ideal candidate is able to work in an extremely fast-paced environment, prioritize a multitude of activities at once, speak up and share their opinion, and is a driver to the core. Curiosity is a major factor for us, as we want you to not only answer our initial questions, but delve deep to conduct exploratory analytics to determine what other questions need answering. This spans financial, operational, and customer data on a large scale.
If you’re looking to be a cog in a corporate machine, look elsewhere. But if you’re a self-starter who wants to help set the direction for one of Lincoln’s fastest-growing new technology companies, you’re in the right place!
We want YOU to help us understand our customers better to drive marketing and account management activities. We want YOU to help us automate our financial reporting on a monthly basis. We want YOU to identify data quality issues so we can fully trust the data used to drive decisions.
We offer a competitive salary along with a generous benefits package that includes a 401(k) match and company-paid health insurance, plus voluntary vision & dental. Plus: smoothies, kegs, ping pong, pool, daily meditation, Smash Brothers tournaments on a HUGE television, access to the Cigar Lounge, sitting/standing combo desks, a free parking pass at a Haymarket Garage that’s only a stone’s throw from the Pinnacle Bank Arena, and free books! That’s right – request any book through the Sprious Reads program and we will buy it for you. We’d like to see the corporate machine beat THAT.
For the position itself we have some basic requirements (see below), but we are looking first and foremost for a culture and values fit. If you’re driven by a desire to ask and answer questions that are difficult to answer, and determined to improve yourself and those around you both personally and professionally, then come and join the dynamic team at Sprious!
Conduct full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities, to include identification and testing of hypotheses using statistical techniques.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Work with developers and database administrators to identify enhancements that will improve data storage and analytics
- Evaluate the need for a data warehouse and BI platform
- Determine which data sets and variables are needed and collect large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources to address client’s mission
- Analyze data to identify patterns, trends, and interpret the data to discover solutions and opportunities and communicate findings to stakeholders using visualization and other means
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A consistent willingness to ask thoughtful, probing questions
- High personal integrity and character
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, or Business Data Analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Our primary databases are MySQL and MongoDB – an understanding of relational databases is an absolute must, whereas MongoDB is a nice-to-have
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a data analyst / data scientist role
This is not a remote position – we are seeking a candidate that is able to work in the Lincoln, NE office for this role.
Sarah Foley, Chief of Staff