Sprious is seeking a passionate, self-motivated, highly-flexible, and driven Tech Project Manager to lead (at least) one project and help us implement Scrum for all product development activities. We have just started down this path across the company and are looking for someone experienced or interested in Scrum who wants to make an impact! The ideal candidate is able to work in an extremely fast-paced environment, prioritize a multitude of activities at once, speak up and share their opinion, and is a driver to the core.
If you’re looking to be a cog in a corporate machine, look elsewhere. But if you’re a self-starter who wants to create for one of Lincoln’s fastest-growing new technology companies, you’re in the right place!
We want YOU to lead the day-to-day project management for our web scraping product, including serving as Scrum Master. We want YOU to help us implement and scale our Agile management approaches. We want YOU to take our existing systems and processes to the next level and expand our organization.
We offer a competitive salary along with a generous benefits package that includes a 401(k) match and company-paid health insurance, plus voluntary vision & dental. Plus: smoothies, kegs, ping pong, pool, daily meditation, Smash Brothers tournaments on a HUGE television, access to the Cigar Lounge, your choice of a sitting or standing desk, a free parking pass at a Haymarket Garage that’s only a stone’s throw from the Pinnacle Bank Arena, and free books! That’s right – request any book through the Sprious Reads program and we will buy it for you. We’d like to see the corporate machine beat THAT.
For the position itself we have some basic requirements (see below), but we are looking first and foremost for a culture and values fit. If you’re driven by a love of leading the delivery of quality products, and determined to improve yourself and those around you both personally and professionally, then come and join the dynamic team at Sprious!
- Responsible for facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective sessions
- Help prioritize work, break down barriers for team, and resolve conflicts as they arise
- Organize product backlog and clarify project requirements / user stories
- Structure Confluence space to maximize usability and consolidation of project artifacts
- Define processes for consistent implementation of project management practices across all product teams, even those with other project managers
- Work with an international team of developers in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of one year experience in a project manager role – a strong bonus if you have Agile and/or Scrum experience!
- The ideal candidate will also have experience with JIRA and Confluence (Asana would be a huge bonus as well!)
- Highly organized – in your own special way, whether that is a stack of papers on your desk or an immaculate to-do list. What we mean here is someone who delivers high quality work, on time, and can communicate progress to the rest of the team.
- Data-driven mindset – You will be expected to assess the effectiveness of team estimations and development progress using data generated through sprints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A consistent willingness to ask thoughtful, probing questions
- High personal integrity and character
- Strong knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Ability to coach the team how to follow agile scrum
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices
- Ability to take and understand commitments to deliver the product on time
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
This is not a remote position – we are seeking a candidate that is able to work in the Lincoln, NE office for this role.
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000
Sarah Foley, HR & Administrative Coordinator