Sprious is seeking a passionate, self-motivated, highly-flexible, and driven Technical Operations Specialist to help our technical operations look to the future for growth and opportunity. The ideal candidate is able to manage multiple ongoing projects, work independently, communicate with a variety of individuals with various levels of technical knowledge, assist our Customer Success team with technical requests, and organize and manage our technical assets and resources.
If you’re looking to be a cog in a corporate machine, look elsewhere. But if you love a challenge and want to create for one of Lincoln’s fastest-growing new technology companies, you’re in the right place.
Here at Sprious, we take pride in our accountability for ourselves, each other and in our work. By adding accountability to our systematization in our business practices, we’re able to realize freedom for time with our family and friends, both in and out of office. Our mission is to seek growth in business, community and life for our employees and clients by crafting unique, life-enriching companies.
We want YOU to develop additional processes to organize our current technical resources including IP addresses and servers. You will also work with our sales and customer success teams to ensure customer requests for additional purchases can be achieved and delivered within a specified timeline. We want YOU to be a driving force in our continued expansion of our resources through additional vendor research and outreach. Other work will include reviewing hardware refresh strategies for our servers, reviewing current provisioning processes throughout the department for improvements, as well as working to implement software asset management strategies throughout multiple functional areas.
We offer a competitive salary along with a generous benefits package that includes a 401(k) match and company-paid health insurance, plus voluntary vision & dental. All new team members are equipped with a NEW top-notch workstation including dual monitors, and your choice of accessories. Plus: smoothies, daily meditation, your choice of a sitting or standing desk, a free parking pass at a Haymarket Garage that’s only a stone’s throw from the Pinnacle Bank Arena, and free books! That’s right – request any book through the Sprious Reads program and we will buy it for you. We’d like to see the corporate machine beat THAT.
For the position itself we have some basic requirements (see below), but we are looking first and foremost for a culture and values fit. If you’re driven by a desire to learn new things in a fast-paced environment , and determined to improve yourself and those around you both personally and professionally, then come and join the dynamic team at Sprious!
- Technical Asset Provisioning
- Provide assistance with electronically delivering various technical assets including IP addresses and servers to customers across the globe (may infrequently require travel to data center locations 1-2x per year)
- Work with account managers to quickly and efficiently deliver orders to customers
- Integrate new IP addresses and servers into our current system to increase product availability for customers
- Inventory Management
- Assist with developing strategy to best leverage our current IP address inventory and server resources for continued company growth
- Explore opportunities to reduce cost, without compromising on quality of service to our customers, as it relates to our offered products
- Use systems to monitor inventory and bandwidth consumption, as well as suggest changes for improvements
- Research, review, and work with additional vendors
- Work with department team on expansion to additional global locations for our products
- Develop hardware refresh strategies for current inventory of servers to ensure stability of overall system
- Review current provisioning processes for updates and improvements on current procedures
- Software Management
- Act as software administrator for multiple software programs in use
- Create a centralized software management process to ensure all software is being used to its full potential
- Create processes for software review to ensure it meets the company’s current needs
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with technology inventory management through database or software
- Experience with MS Excel or Google Sheets with strong understanding of data structuring and formula usage. Can you do more than pivot tables and VLOOKUPS? If so, then you more than meet our qualifications here.
- High personal integrity and character
- 1 year of experience in IT related environment
- Familiarity with technical support or computer networking processes
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and find solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A consistent willingness to ask thoughtful, probing questions
- Ability to take and understand commitments to deliver the product on time
This is not a remote position – we are seeking a candidate that is able to work in the Lincoln, NE office for this role. However, we are temporarily allowing all of our employees to work from home during the ongoing pandemic.
Salary: $32,000 – $35,000 or more, depending on experience and qualifications