Sprious is seeking a passionate, self-motivated, and articulate Content Writer to create email campaigns, blog posts, landing page content, and advertising copy for multiple product lines and subsidiary companies.
If you’re looking to be a cog in a corporate machine, look elsewhere. But if you’re a self-starter with a love for the written word who wants to create for one of Lincoln’s fastest-growing new technology companies, you’re in the right place!
We want YOU to develop amazing content that draws people to our websites. We want YOU to help our customers grow with us through email marketing. We want YOU to take our existing systems and processes to the next level and expand our organization.
We offer a competitive salary along with a generous benefits package that includes a 401k match and company-paid health insurance, plus voluntary vision & dental. Plus: smoothies, kegs, ping pong, pool, daily meditation, Smash Brothers tournaments on a HUGE television, access to the Cigar Lounge, your choice of a sitting or standing desk, a free parking pass at a Haymarket Garage that’s only a stone’s throw from the Pinnacle Bank Arena, and free books! That’s right – request any book through the Sprious Reads program and we will buy it for you. We’d like to see the corporate machine beat THAT.
For the position itself we have some basic requirements (see below), but we are looking first and foremost for a culture and values fit. If you’re driven by a love of writing and determined to improve yourself and those around you both personally and professionally, then come and join the dynamic team at Sprious!
- Writing content for emails, website landing pages, advertisements, technical knowledge base articles, social media posts, and four to six 2000-word blog posts every week
- Taking a data-driven approach to content writing by conducting keyword research and other analysis
- Work with a variety of digital marketing tools and our CRM solution for analysis, creation, and ongoing data analysis
- Developing a series of email campaigns across our product lines, to include both automated sequences related to typical customer business activities and direct active marketing to our thousands of customers
- Measure and analyze results, ROI and impact
- Serve as a representative for all of our product lines, armed with in-depth knowledge of each unique offering
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a content writing role with demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Writing to style guide requirements while simultaneously exhibiting a unique voice
- Writing a significant volume of content to tight deadlines (this position will require 8000 to 12000 words in blog posts alone each week)
- Measuring success metrics as part of a marketing campaign (conversion/open rates, traffic, etc.)
- The ideal candidate will also have experience with email campaigns and demonstrated success in this area
- Highly organized – in your own special way, whether that is a stack of papers on your desk or an immaculate to-do list. What we mean here is someone who delivers high quality work, on time, and can communicate progress to the rest of the team.
- Data-driven mindset – You will be expected to assess the effectiveness of your blogs and email campaigns and use that information to constantly improve
- Demonstrated experience conducting A/B testing on emails, landing pages, and/or blogs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A consistent willingness to ask thoughtful, probing questions
- Creative – we want you to bring your own voice and creativity to writing assignments, as we are not seeking boilerplate (aka boring) blogs. We want you to engage the audience
- High personal integrity and character
- Experience with content platforms such as WordPress, Hubspot, and Leadpages is desirable, but not required
- Experience with SEO and marketing tools such as Ahrefs, SEMrush, and the Google Marketing suite is desirable, but not required
For questions, please contact:
Sarah Foley, HR & Administrative Coordinator