Sprious is seeking a passionate, self-motivated, highly-flexible, and driven Full Stack Developer to scale our development team while driving improvements throughout our architecture. We are looking for someone who wants to be hands-on working with our production environments and writing documentation while also writing high customer-impact code! The ideal candidate is able to work in an extremely fast-paced environment, prioritize a multitude of activities at once, speak up and share their opinion, and is a driver to the core.
Here at Sprious, we take pride in our accountability for ourselves, each other and in our work. By adding accountability to our systematization in our business practices, we’re able to realize freedom for time with our family and friends, both in and out of office. Our mission is to seek growth in business, community and life for our employees and clients by crafting unique, life-enriching companies. We do this by building archetypes that exist in the space between seamless technology and an unwavering culture. So if you are looking to be a cog in a corporate machine, look elsewhere. But if you love a challenge and want to create for one of Lincoln’s fastest-growing new technology companies, you’re in the right place.
We want YOU to drive change in a flexible system that enables more of our team to make an impact. We want YOU to help us implement new core features and new technology stacks. We want YOU to take our existing systems and processes to the next level and expand our organization.
We offer a competitive salary along with a generous benefits package that includes a 401(k) match and company-paid health insurance, plus voluntary vision & dental. All new team members are equipped with a NEW top-notch workstation including dual monitors, and your choice of accessories. Plus: smoothies, daily meditation, your choice of a sitting or standing desk, a free parking pass at a Haymarket Garage that’s only a stone’s throw from the Pinnacle Bank Arena, and free books! That’s right – request any book through the Sprious Reads program and we will buy it for you. We’d like to see the corporate machine beat THAT.
For the position itself we have some basic requirements (see below), but we are looking first and foremost for a culture and values fit. If you’re driven by a love of the development lifecycle, and determined to improve yourself and those around you both personally and professionally, then come and join the dynamic team at Sprious!
- Write advanced, high customer-impact code
- Implement new technology stacks
- Develop & suggest cross-application services to reduce time needed to start & maintain new products
- Understand the entire software development lifecycle, end-to-end
- Self-manage projects
- Provide accurate task estimations
- Manage risk for unclear requirements
- Ensure standard documentation requirements are always met
- Ensure code is of standard quality – code reviews of team members
- Break down business requirements into bite-sized chunks
- Serve as a resource for junior/middle developers
- Protect the team from scope creep
- Provide suggestions on sprint planning & priorities
- Suggest feedback for team-wide procedures
- 5+ years of development experience
- Full stack experience preferred
- Experience with client-server architectures, networking protocols, application development, and using databases
- Experience using & developing APIs
- Understanding user & system requirements
- Frontend: Vue.js
- MySQL (our main DB) and MongoDB
- Experience with Lean / Agile / Scrum development processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A consistent willingness to ask thoughtful, probing questions
- High personal integrity and character
- Ability to take and understand commitments to deliver the product on time
This is not a remote position – we are seeking a candidate that is able to work in the Lincoln, NE office for this role. However, we are temporarily allowing all of our employees to work from home during the ongoing pandemic.